Lunch with Ann

November 17, 2006

Yesterday Camille and I had lunch with a special soon-to-be mom, Ann. Ann is in the process of adopting from Taiwan. We have been in communication by e-mail, adoption message boards, and our blogs. It was great to finally meet up after sharing so much on-line. I have to admit I was a little nervous to see how it would go and it turned out to be a lot of fun. She is just as lively, sweet, funny in person as she is on-line and she will be a wonderful mother. The internet is an amazing thing. Meeting Ann yesterday reminded me of our second trip to Taiwan when we met and stayed with another wonderful adoptive family, Rhonda and Steve (natives of New Zealand now living in Taiwan). Our adoption and these amazing, international friendships would not have been possible without the internet. I can't wait to spend more time with Ann and her husband as they get closer to getting their referral for their child in Taiwan. Ann will always have a special place in Camille's heart because she gave Camille her first taste of chocolate (wish I had had my camera!).
Ann said...

I had such a great time!! I was telling Jon how cool and nice you are. I was also telling him my faux pau(sp?) when I was feeding Camille with MY spoon. Sorry!! And that I gave her chocolate!! OH MY, thankfully you didn't shreak in horror!! I had such a wonderful lunch with you, can't wait til we can hang again!!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.