Christmas Miracles

December 23, 2006

This year we are especially aware of miracles as we have several close friends and family members who are preparing to welcome babies into their families (through pregnancy and adoption). Some are getting close to their due dates and we wish them luck...easy labors and or easy travel, easy nights, and lots of sweet baby kisses to you! Some are in the midst of pregnancies or adoptions...waiting to get that referral or travel phone call, waiting to get to the final trimester, wondering and dreaming about their little ones near or far. We wish you comfort, patience, and happy anticipation! And others have just recently found out they are expecting and/or just starting the adoption process...we are celebrating with you and wish you an smooth pregnancy or paper pregnancy!

I always think about the miracle of life during this time of year because of our own miracle with Noah. While pregnant with Noah, there were some truly scary moments. I remember that Christmas with such gratitude. I had recently been discharged from the hospital after having some life threatening complications and was so happy to be back home. My sister and brother-in-law were with me because Adam had to work at the hospital. We hadn't gone to the store so our Christmas meal was an odd and meager assortment of things, but it was one of the most meaningful Christmas celebrations to me because I felt so lucky to be alive and to still be pregnant. The miracle of life is truly awe inspiring.
Ann said...

Lucia, I don't know why this post made me cry, but it did. I feel like a bit of your well wishes were for us too. So thank you. I'm not sure..but it sounds as if your family celebrates Christmas too, So Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukka!!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.