Domestic Thoughts

September 28, 2007



A very random post that came in the midst of cleaning. I can't help but share this cleaning wonder, club soda. I had read about using it in place of Windex, but hadn't tried it until a few months ago. And it really does work even better than Windex! Adam kept teasing me about it (I couldn't stop singing its praises or using it on everything in sight) until he recently tried it himself. We have now become like that family in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" only using club soda for all ailments in place of Windex. And since this post is related to cleaning. My other favorite new cleaning "tools" are the microfiber automotive rags I have been using like crazy...great for dusting, great substitute for paper towels. A big bundle of them in the automotive section is much cheaper than those fancy, single microfiber cleaning clothes in the cleaning aisle. Just another step in proving that I can be "domestic".


Now if I could just find a solution for my laundry issues. I love doing the laundry. Get strange pleasure from getting rid of stains, love the smell and feel of warm clothes fresh out of the drier, and I even enjoy folding, but I hate putting clothes away. I don't understand it, but that is the truth. So we end up with stacks of laundry all around the house until they either get used up and end up in the dirty clothes pile again or Adam puts them away or the kids use them for jumping and wrestling platforms.
meredith said...

Yes. That LAST step of laundry is brutal. I don't at all understand that. Eventually when Joe puts the clothes away I feel so put back together!

shelley said...

I am exactly the same way. My husband thinks I am a laundry freak.

Thanks for the tip about the towels, I am always looking for better things to dust with. In west Texas I could dust twice a week and never keep up.

Weasel said...

Thanks for the microfiber towel tip...I have been paying a bundle in the cleaning section. I too am a loving fan of the vinegar, club soda, baking powder and lemon juice cleaning team. I just tried cream of tartar for stainless steel sink stains. Works great! Anyone have any suggestions for a greener carpet cleaner? I am still addicted to Spot Shot.

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

I haven't tried to make a carpet cleaner yet, but try the book "Clean House, Clean Planet"...that's where I got all of my cleaning "recipes". And if you find a good carpet recipe let us know!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.