Mama Overload

October 2, 2007

Moving too fast, stretched in too many directions, and feeling scattered, I got a sign from the universe telling me to "slow down". Last week I booked a last minute trip home to help my mom get ready for her upcoming exhibit. I thought I had worked out all of the details until yesterday when I realized the kids didn't have school on the day of my departure (which meant I didn't have childcare arrangements for them while Adam was at work). I couldn't believe I hadn't thought to check the school calendar before booking the tickets. And then I spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to find a babysitter without any success. To add to my panic, this morning I realized that I had never received confirmation for my airline tickets. Turns out I never completed the on-line ticketing process and the tickets would now cost six times as much as last week! I feel like such an idiot. How could I be so out of touch with reality that I didn't realize I hadn't fully booked the tickets or question that I hadn't received on-line confirmation? After frantic calls to Adam and my parents, I took a deep breath and was able to find another ticket leaving a day later, but at a much more reasonable price and on a day when Adam can be at home with the kids. My mother-in-law will also be here to help with the kids so that is a huge relief. Now I must return to making detailed lists and deep breathing exercises.
Unknown said...

Here! Here! I totally understand where you are coming from and feel like that quite often! love, jill

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.