Food Obsession

December 27, 2007

I have been staying up until midnight lately focused on food. Felt food. Wish I could say I was putting my effort into real cuisine, but instead I am obsessed with hand sewing tasty little treats for the kids' new kitchen (the beautiful wooden food really hurts when an angry two year old throws it at you!). Here are the sets I made for my niece's Christmas present.

Breakfast...eggs, strawberries, and a waffle

Lunch...sushi, seaweed salad, carrot, peas, and a fortune cookie

Tea time...chocolate chip cookie and sugar cookie

I owe my inspiration to Ericka and these amazing sites: Felt Cuisine , Rivulette, Retro Rags and Craftster. If only cooking was this much fun!

Jessica said...

TOO CUTE!!! Maybe I can find time to make some of those myself!

Tisra said...

Those are fabulous! Truly, truly, fabulous! I'm ready to chuck the stupid plastic food we have right now and stitch some meals of my own! Well done!

Tisra
adopting from Taiwan, waiting for referral (maybe spring 2008?)
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

those are amazing!! just like you. they are so professionally done! you are so crafty and creative-you should be so proud of your beautiful creations. clementine will treasure those made especially for her by her loving auntie.

Laurie said...

Okay, that is utterly, completely adorable. I am so impressed. (I have no artistic talent to speak of...so your felt creations are a MARVEL!)

:-) Laurie

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Absolutely love those! The eggs and seaweed salad are my favorites. Great job!

Heather said...

That is awesome! I love love love them. :) No worrying about lead contaminated plastic there (or bonks on the head). Way to go! I'm going to check out your links...

Anonymous said...

How can one not stop and make a comment on how GREAT those felt food items are?!! I especially loved the Asian themed food, but all of it was fabulous. Brilliant idea for all the reasons Heather mentioned. And it expresses your love for this child. Wonderful.

Corinne said...

Girl, you astonish me. TALENTS. SKILLZ. You've GOT THEM!!

Mom said...

Just got home from Denver last night and checked your blog. The "food" is just fabulous!! It looks good enough to eat. I love the peas! You are so talented!!
LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GREAT TIME.

Love, Mom

Kellie said...

I'm skimming around on your blog and couldn't resist commenting on this one. Beautiful creations, Lucia. Thanks for sharing.

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.