Orange creations

April 16, 2008

One of the big benefits of having less "stuff" around is that it creates time and space for more creativity. In addition to exploring our new surroundings, the kids and I have been drawing, crafting, and creating new things every day. The above is a needle felted bag I made for my sister's birthday. I have been wanting to try needle felting for a long time and I found it very enjoyable...great way to relieve tension by basically repeatedly piercing the felt with a barbed needle, but not so fun if you pierce your thumb! The other orange creation is Noah's "Beetlebop" shirt. Noah is a champion "Beetlebopper" (that's what we call VW bugs in our family)...he can spy one before any of us do and it has become a big part of our recent car trips. In addition to spying them he has been drawing them a lot lately and wanted me to make a Beetlebop shirt for him. So we collaborated. He drew a "Beetlebop train" on the t-shirt using a fabric fade marker and I embroidered over his drawing.

Weasel said...

Your purse is divine! Needle felting is almost as therapuetic as some good pilates. You all look like you are having a great time. You all should think about opening an Etsy shop. ;o)

Hope your dad is recovering well and quickly.

Anonymous said...

Love the bag!! I am partial to orange. I have the t-shirt idea on my list of things to do.
www.pepperpaints.com

Anonymous said...

So fun! Yes, maybe I'll have to try embroidering one of Maia's drawings. I like your idea of putting them on a t-shirt. -Jean

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.