Robots

June 17, 2008

Robots have been a big thing around here lately. It started with our first visit to the hospital....those crazy drug delivering robots with names like Jerry and Margaret. Noah was fascinated (we all were). And then we made a trip to the American Visionary Arts Museum where we were blown away by all of the things there. Really one of the most memorable museums I have ever visited. Too much to take in all at one time and I would love to go back. If you are in the Baltimore/DC area, take the time to visit this place. We (my mom, my sisters, and I) happened to be there for their annual Kinetic Sculpture Race...unforgettable. And I couldn't resist buying some of these fun Mark May robots. I especially loved their names. The best name was "Mahjong Ding Dong" (made with mahjong pieces). Here's the one I got for our family, "Star Eyed Sneech".I also got this fun book for the kids...another good book about creating with found objects. So when I asked Noah what he was going to make for Father's Day without hesitation he announced "a robot". Noah dug through our craft/recycling closet and built this great robot for Adam. He named it "Abot a6a1". His favorite part (and Adam's too) is the springy action.
Mom said...

Very Cool! Maybe Noah could build me a robot that does housework!!!!

Heather said...

My Benjamin's into robots right nwo too (though his interest didn't have quite such a cool catalyst!) But I'm seeing here that perhaps some of our recycling could be put to better uses...

holly b said...

reminds me of recent foray into paper mache to make a pinata castle. : ) I love how creative you and your kids are!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.