Quiet Afternoon

March 25, 2009

My two little monkeys listening to a book on cd (Little House in the Big Woods)...so happy to bask in the afternoon sun and be transported to another time and place.
Dawn Suzette said...

Sigh...
peaceful sight!


*and that is a great book rack!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

It made me very happy to discover them like this. Our neighbor made that book rack for us before Noah was born. I love it, too. And it seems like it would be pretty easy to do. In fact, I may try to get my husband to make another one for our family room. We switch out the books on a pretty regular basis.

katy said...

looks so wonderful. How old is Claire? Is she able to follow the story? I can't wait to read that series to my girls, but not sure at which age I should start.

That room is so peaceful looking - good decorating, Mom!!!

Dana said...

Hi. . .I have to tell you. Maddy has that dress. It was a family favorite, which usually doesn't happen in our house. I've tucked it away for a future project. Lovely room. I envy the book rack.
Dana

Lynnie said...

I join the chorus of those admiring the book rack! I keep meaning to get out the books on tape since my oldest can now operate the tape recorder without succumbing to the desire to pull all the ribbon out of the cassette before putting it in the machine!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Hi guys, I did a quick search and found these directions for making the book shelf on Martha Stewart (why am I not surprised?) Here it is:

http://www.marthastewart.com/good-things/making-childrens-bookshelves

I'll try to do a post about our experience with books on tape soon.

Tara said...

Audiobooks are well loved in our house... my son is a voracious reader but he likes to listen and build simultaneously with his Legos.. LOL :)

The book rack rocks!

Unknown said...

I love your son's room and the book rack as well. You can imagine my surprise when I read the other comments to find out that you have already given a link to a do-it-yourself project. Also love the idea of books on tape. That will probably be a great tool for hearing more English when my little one is older.

South of Rome said...

Ok, I laughing b/c I had that bookshelf (2 of them!) made in Sicily!! But, it wasn't cheap. I kept thinking, I could make this myself!!

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Love it...we've read the book twice and can't get enough of it. I don't know why it never occurred to me to get a copy on tape. My six year old would love it!!

Corinne said...

LOVELY - what a peaceful sight :)

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.