Market Report

September 2, 2009

Fresh from today's visit to the market: Peaches, Nectarines, Pachino Cherry Tomatoes,Cucumber, Borlotti Beans, Garlic,Green Onions, Olives, Bread,and Parmesan Cheese.
We used just about everything for dinner tonight. All so fresh and so delicious. Camille shelled all of the beans by herself. I boiled them and then sauteed them with olive oil, green onions, garlic, and a few pieces of carrots (he gave me the recipe when I was buying them). So much more enjoyable to cook when using such beautiful and fresh produce and when I have such a great little helper. I love being able to eat locally and seasonally like this.
Dana said...

Alas....welcome to Italy! You will find yourself photographing food more than ever, just you wait and see :)

Tisra said...

OH WOW!!!!

I could get used to that! :-)

park it said...

Yummy !!!!

Mom said...

Everything looks so wonderful! And how nice to have such a good helper. Sorry the search for a good preschool has not turned out to be as easy as one might think. Tell Noah that I think of him daily and I am very impressed that he takes the bus to school.

Dawn Suzette said...

Wow! Love this! Great welcome to your new home!

katy said...

so beautiful. you are infinitely fortunate with the bounty available in Italian markets. enjoy!

Hays Family said...

Glad you are getting settled. Makes me anxious for "what's next" in our world! I love the experience of living overseas--I still miss the UK. It'll be fun to "travel" with you on your new adventures. Russell starts 1st grade next week. I'm ready. He's content to continue his summer. Good luck on the preschool search. I know you'll find just what you need.

Love
Karla & Kids

Cami said...

OH, what a fabulous loot!

lisa said...

Im jealous! Sounds excellent.

likeschocolate said...

I had never heard of putting newspaper or cardboard. I can't seem to mangage keeping the weeds out of my garden. Georgia is like a jungle and everything just grow so fast.

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.