Imagine Childhood

November 16, 2009


Our recent adventures in Agrigento are being featured today on one of my favorite websites. Imagine Childhood is a lovely mix of nature walks from around the world, delightful farm stories from their own family farm, recipes, book reviews, and more. It's also a perfect spot to do some holiday shopping. All sorts of good things for exploring, reading, and playing. We are currently enjoying James Herriot's Treasury for Children which can be found in their shop along with this and this.

Funny thing about Noah's discovery of the film during that beach walk...he was truly puzzled by what it could be. Amazing to see how things can quickly become ancient relics, isn't it? I keep meaning to dig out my Pentax K1000, but I am not even sure if I could find film for it these days. I still marvel and feel overwhelmed at times by the endless images I can take (and never seem to delete) with my digital camera but I also have to wonder what's next. It's one of the reasons I find myself drawn to sites like Imagine Childhood that bring my focus back to the more simple and natural elements of life.
Mom2Isabel said...

... and here I was thinking that Noah was holding a stick from some sort of birch-like tree.

Isabel LOVED the pic of Mei Mei holding up the FOUR fingers. She kept saying, "I am going to be four too!"

Miss you guys!
L & I

Lorraine Akemann said...

Thanks for the tip on Imagine Childhood. I checked out their site, looks like a wonderful resource for families.

Heather said...

What a wonderful website. I just added it to my reader.

I've often had similar thoughts about the breakneck pace of technological advancements, as well as the impulse to retreat into nature. Your photo captures it all so perfectly.

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.