Birds, Birds, Birds

February 17, 2011

It's Bird Week at The Magnifying Glass! Head over to win cool stuff, learn about birds, and take part in The Great Backyard Bird Count. You can also read the interview I recently did with Kimberly Hosey. I promise she will make you think, laugh, and want to pick up a camera. Her photos of birds are what prompted me to contact her. I have often admired (and been a bit jealous) of her ability to capture so many amazing bird shots. 

If you have been reading this blog for awhile or if you know us in person, then you know that we love birds. Which is why I get so frustrated with my lack of success in photographing them. I know that I really need to just break down and buy a telephoto lens, but I have been putting that off. Partly because of expense, but also because I worry  that it will be so bulky that I wouldn't carry it with me and I'd miss the shots I wanted in the first place. Ugh. If you are like me and want to get better bird shots, read Kim's words of advice and use her images for motivation. Also, be sure to read her story about wearing a hundred black widow spiders. Trust me; read it. If you have advice regarding telephoto lenses or bird stories (or black widows, too), please share. And if you live in North America, don't forget to do the Bird Count. It starts tomorrow.
likeschocolate said...

Birds are so hard to photograph without the proper lens.

Saretta said...

The olive trees around my house are filled with these noisy green parrots, but I can never get a decent shot!

Latest Instagrams

© Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish. Design by FCD.